NAPRECA IN SYNOPSIS
NAPRECA, the Natural Products Research Network for East and Central Africa, was conceived by East and Central African scientists who attended the 14th International Symposium on the Chemistry of Natural Products in 1984 in Poland. Its establishment was borne from the realization that Africa was rich in biodiversity, but poor in research and development in natural products. NAPRECA became a fully-fledged network and started operating in earnest in 1988 when in 1987 it became affiliated to UNESCO as one of UNESCO’s network programmes. A NAPRECA Coordinating Board had its first meeting in Addis Ababa on March 1988......
DAAD – NAPRECA Scholarship for 2019/2020
Details Coming Soon
The preliminary selection is made by NAPRECA current Coordinating Office and shortlisted candidates’ names will be submitted to DAAD and selected candidates will be notified. Once they receive notifications from NAPRECA they are entitled to log into DAAD portal https://portal.daad.de/irj/portal and register themselves and submit an application, hence DAAD reserves the right for the final selection. Shortlisted applicants who do not submit their application and all the required documents to DAAD via the provided portal will not be considered.
- The last university degree must have been completed less than six years ago at the time of application,
- Citizenship of a country in NAPRECA member countries,
- For MSc studies, at least a Second Class Upper Division or equivalent from a recognized University,
- For PhD studies, an MSc degree from a recognized University,
- Proof of admission to the desired degree course or official letter assuring admission,
- For PhD scholarships: Staff member of a public or private university (or candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment),
- Females are particularly encouraged to apply,
- Candidates are advised to simultaneously apply for admission at the universities they wish to study. Scholarships will not be offered without proof that the candidate has already secured admission. A copy of the letter of admission should be sent to the NAPRECA Coordinating Office as soon as admission has been secured, but not later than 16th of February, 2017.
Scholarship Duration and Funding
The fellowship is offered for a two-year period in the case of a M.Sc. and three years for a Ph.D. study. The scholarship fund covers University fees, books and living allowances, personal accident and medical insurance as well as a round trip air ticket where applicable. It is the policy of DAAD to issue an extension of the scholarship on a yearly basis based on good study progress.
How to Apply
Candidates should submit applications documents addressed to:
Application document should include
- Certified scanned PDF copies of all University degree certificates
- Certified scanned PDF copies of all university transcripts
- Two Academic references
- Signed CV scanned in PDF copies; please use the Europass CV template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu)
- At least temporary admission letter including fee structure of respective course or an official letter assuring admission (Scanned PDF copy)
- For MSc candidates (two pages letter of motivation)
- For PhD candidates (10 – 15 pages research proposal, plagiarism will be checked!)
- For PhD candidates, one page abstract of the accepted proposal (include name and title of proposal)
- A scanned PDF copy of the attached information sheet for scholars filled with the name and the signature.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS IS THE 22nd OF FEBRUARY, 2018